Loch Lomond presents the perfect touring holiday or short break location, set amidst one of Scotland's most idyllic and unspoilt areas, with the largest expanse of fresh water in Britain and the backdrop of the mountains looming beyond.
It is also ideally situated for touring within Scotland with The Highlands to the north of the Loch, the West Coast and Islands a short drive away and Central Scotland, Glasgow and Edinburgh to the east.
Recommended day tours:-
- Tour the Trossachs, and visitCallanderandAberfoyle
- Visit Glencoe, Fort William, Lochaber and Loch Ness
- Tour Breadalbane, and visit Killin, Loch Tay and Aberfeldy
- Visit Perth, via Crianlarich, Loch Earn and Crieff
- Take a trip over the nearby Erskine Bridge into Ayrshire and Burns Country
- Take a trip over the Rest and be Thankful to Inveraray and Oban
- Same route, to Loch Fyne and Tarbert
Kyles of Bute
West Highland Line
Scotland's West Highland Line has been voted the world's greatest rail journey for the second year in a row by Wanderlust magazine. Join the line at nearby Arrochar or Helensburgh Upper station, and marvel at the fantastic scenic journeys to Fort William and Mallaig, or take the branch to Loch Awe and Oban at Crianlarich.